COMMENTS ON FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We have special rates and conditions for extended stay corporate accounts. Please call for details.
1. There is a $10.00 charge per night for each occupant beyond 2.
2. For payment we accept Visa and Master Card. However, due to the high cost of processing a credit card we
prefer check or cash for payment. There is a fee charged for processing a credit card.
3. Michigan state tax is 6%. We do not charge the additional 5-7% Recreational tax. If you stay 30 days there is no
4. Reservation charge is $100.00.
5. Ten days notice is required for a full refund of your registration fee. If you are a snowmobiler there is no charge
for canceling a reservation due to poor trail conditions.
1. Check-out time is 10:00AM and Check-In time is 4:00PM on Sunday and 2:00PM Monday through Saturday. If
you need extra time let us know, we will accommodate you if possible.
2. Cottages are complete with cooking utensils, pots, pans, glassware, dishes, coffee maker, silverware,
refrigerator, microwave, stove, oven, toaster, wireless Internet, outside grills and cable TV.
3. Cottages have towels and bed linens which are changed after each guest leaves and on an as-needed basis.
Fresh towels are available daily.
4. Each cottage has its own vacuum cleaner and cleaning supplies for leaving the cabin as close as possible to the
same condition you found it.
5. There is a coin operated laundry next to cottage #8 that is open 24/7. If you need quarters for the machines, come
to the office.
6. A trash bin is located by cabin 6; extra trash bags are at the office.
7. Pets and fireworks are not permitted.
8. The resort is on well water and septic, the operation of which may not be familiar to some of our guests. It is
important to know that food debris including grease should not be disposed of in the sink, toilet or shower, place
them in the garbage. Only white toilet paper we supply should be used in the toilets. Sanitary napkins must be
disposed of in the garbage, never ever in the toilet.
1. Fish in the lake (Farmer Lake) are Walleye, Small & Large Mouth Bass, Blue Gills, Crappies and Northern Pike.
2. If you do not have enough space in the freezer section of the cottage refrigerator for the fish you catch, come to
the office. We have a larger freezer to accommodate your good fortune.
3. Rowboats, paddle boats and canoes are for your use at no extra charge. Gasoline/electric motors are permitted
on the lake.
4. There is no lifeguard; swim at your own risk.
5. By State law, all children must wear life vests when in the boats and all adults must have a life vest in the boat
6. All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult when on the beach or in the boats.
7. We have a convenient fish cleaning station for your use. It is located outside the laundry room and near the lake.
ON SITE ACTIVITIES
1. Activities on site include basketball, carpet ball and tether ball. There are beach toys for youngsters. There is an
area by the beach for a campfire and stargazing at night.
2. For cocooning we have cable TV, high speed wireless Internet, fax service, playing cards, board games and a
3. If you leave us an e-mail address we will contact you when the Northern Lights are visible.
4. Groceries, gas, automobile repair and the snowmobile trail #8 are 3/4 mile away *See our activities page for pdf
download of all Western Upper Peninsula snowmobile trails..
5. We have a clearly marked trail for snowmobiles that goes from behind cabin #4 to main trail #8.
6. On those infrequent occasions when the office staff is not available, call 906 361-9702 or 224 622-7178